Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Graphic...what?

Hey guys, I just wanted to post this WIP that's been bothering me for the longest goddamn time. I already got some input from Chien Yu but I wanted to see what you guys thought. It's supposed to be a CD cover for a company that sponsors and promotes Japanese Rock/Pop/Punk. I just wanted to try my hand at doing some more designy stuff and less illustrative stuff. There's supposed to be typography added in after I did the picture. I wanted to do some solids coloring...but i'm really not used to it, I cant get the colors right... /cry



2 comments:

Andrew Yu said...

hey Bon, have u tired to change the shape of the brush? I find out that the flat soild brush in PS can comes handy and may create the style$feeling u want~

Felipe Siem said...

I sorta already told ya in person but I think if u are aiming for a more graphic aproach for this cover check out Mike Mignola (creator of Hellboy) and Joshua Middleton http://www.joshuamiddleton.com/pyslocke.htm